Saturday, July 17, 2010

Birds


Rising above the earth and soaring through the skies. Birds are symbols of power and freedom. They link the human world to the Divine or supernatural realms that lie beyond ordinary experience. I seek out birds now in my art to link my human self deeper to my soul. Birds are said to be the carrier of the human soul after death, so as my work deepens and becomes more mystical I take flight on the wings of inspiration. Owls teach us with their wisdom and patience, I ask everyday for the strength and patience to help me grow. When frustration happens and I become distracted from my true purpose and get impatient with my art. Their light weight bodies carry my heavy load and free me of my worries. It is said that birds enter the bodies of Shamans to inspire them. So I ask the birds now to be guide and carry me to my tree.

No comments: